What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

go pro controller won’t do landscape!

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
and there seems no control or prefs setting that will make it do it.

any advice?

thank you!

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes. screen rotation is not disabled, other apps “obey” screen orientation and some of the gopro controller screens obey screen orientation, which makes it extra-weird!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Edit: Just reread your question, and it seems the below is unlikely to be the answer. Most likely the developer just does not support the mode you want on the views you want it. I recommend going to the developer’s website and asking directly. Perhaps the feature can be included in the next update.

Sounds like it is an iPhone app, without UI (User Interface) support for the iPad.

Apps can be

iPhone only
iPad only
iPad and iPhone

The iPad will run most iPhone only apps, as long as they don’t use features not supported on the iPad (like making phone calls over the cellular network). However, they will be limited to the iPhone’s UI, which is almost always portrait only.

iPad only apps only run on iPads; usually because they have no support for the smaller iPhone UI.

iPad and iPad apps have built in interfaces for both devices, and will use the one approprate to the device they are run on.

When you search the App Store, you can filter by iPad Only and iPhone Only. Make sure your app shows up under iPad Only. Also, when looking at the screen shots, make sure they show an iPad landscape interface.

I did a brief search in the App Store for GoPro Controller, and could not find an exact match; so I can’t say if or which of these issues might be the problem.

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I checked the filter - excellent suggestion, thank you. It was set to “iPad Only”

Most reactions