What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail - how to set viewing inbox messages one by one, not per conversation

Ivo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There is one thing that I really don' t like in gmail on ipad - and this is grouping incoming messages within conversation with the same person. It is so confusing that I often miss a message. I could not find a setting that would let the messages come and show simply one by one in a simple order as they come, regardless a conversation. Is it possible ?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar', 'Organise by Thread' -> 'Off'

Hope this works...

Tim

OP
I

Ivo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you ! This is it :) One more thing I cannot find yet - how to simply delete a message ? Either I am blind, or I don't see this command (icon) anywhere when having messages opened

Last edited:

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At the top right of the screen you will see 4 symbols. The 3rd one from the right looks like a trash bin - click on that to get the "confirm delete" option.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you ! This is it :) One more thing I cannot find yet - how to simply delete a message ? Either I am blind, or I don't see this command (icon) anywhere when having messages opened

OK - when a message is being displayed in the iPad's Mail app, you should see an icon of a trash can on the top menu bar towards the right hand edge of the screen. If you touch that icon, depending on how you've got 'Settings', 'Mail, Contacts, Calendar', 'Ask before Deleting' set, you'll either delete the email immediately or you'll get a dialog box asking you to confirm the deletion. As usual, the deleted email will be moved to the Trash box. Again, depending upon how you've got this set up in 'Settings', the emails in the Trash can will be permanently deleted at some pre-set period in the future (or could be never, if you've set that)

Tim

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
You can also use the edit button in the inbox or (my favorite way) swipe across the preview in the inbox to delete it.

Most reactions

Latest posts