What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gmail help

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi
for the last few days I have been getting this when trying to open my gmail. Network error the network request has timed out click retry to try again or cancel to log into another account . My network is fine. Is anyone Else having trouble with opening there gmail? Thank you for any help on this.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try using gmail from safari or a web browser , to make sure your gmail account is still active and problem free.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If its not your internet service try closing the app completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly. Let us know how you go.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My understanding is that gmail had issues for several days but I thought they had been sorted out. I have had Gmail 'can't get mail' problems from day one with Ipad 3 where I never did with Ipad one. This may not address your problems but thought I would throw out this link in this thread for anyone looking to solve Gmail problems. I haven't gotten one Gmail error message since I uninstalled Gmail and reinstalled using Exchange.

Why Gmail using Microsoft Exchange is better on Your iPhone/iPad

OP
Kevin43

Kevin43

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hi
It works good through the web browser the gmail app has to be one of the worst apps I have got so far.

Most reactions

Latest posts