1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Glue for iPad

Discussion in 'iPad DIY' started by ryanlondonuk, Jan 22, 2013.

1. ryanlondonuk

ryanlondonuk iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Forum Memebers,

I am trying to repair or replace a digitizer. This is not my first repair. I know that you can use various stickies like the 3M version ones to stick a new digitizer. However, I am having a problem with one, it keeps coming off. It sticks for a few days then peels off. I wanted to find out if there was any particular glue that you guys would recommend for sticking iPad digitizers.

Please help.

Ryan
  2. moshe5368

moshe5368 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13 / 0
    It has been my experience, in the past, that lack of adhesion is usually an issue with the surfaces not being properly prepared. Dust, dirt, oils, even from fingers, will prevent proper adhesion.if the adhesive strips you are using are of good quality, I would suggest cleaning the surface with alcohol prep pads or another suitable cleaner and trying with another adhesive strip. Good luck, Moshe