What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glue for iPad

ryanlondonuk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Forum Memebers,

I am trying to repair or replace a digitizer. This is not my first repair. I know that you can use various stickies like the 3M version ones to stick a new digitizer. However, I am having a problem with one, it keeps coming off. It sticks for a few days then peels off. I wanted to find out if there was any particular glue that you guys would recommend for sticking iPad digitizers.

Please help.

Ryan

moshe5368

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It has been my experience, in the past, that lack of adhesion is usually an issue with the surfaces not being properly prepared. Dust, dirt, oils, even from fingers, will prevent proper adhesion.if the adhesive strips you are using are of good quality, I would suggest cleaning the surface with alcohol prep pads or another suitable cleaner and trying with another adhesive strip. Good luck, Moshe

Most reactions

Latest posts