What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gray/White lines across screen

brovashift

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have an old iPad 2 which I have not used for quite a while, and when I started it up the other day I now have these gray/white lines across the middle of the screen.

I have tried resetting the device, but because of the location of the lines directly in the center of the screen, it covers confirmation buttons so I cannot proceed.
I looked online for reasons/solutions, and have tried hitting and pressing the back as this has worked for others but not for me. I read it was due to a loose connection with the digitizer and so I've took the screen off and disconnected the digitizer and reconnected it several times, but still no change!

I am just wondering if anyone knows what has caused this to happen so suddenly, and if anyone knows how to fix it. Or, is it just a case of game over for the digitizer and time to buy a new one?

Obviously due to the age of the iPad buying a new digitizer isn't going to be cost effective and so probably just stick it on eBay as spares or repairs, but thought i'd check to see if anyone has a solution before I get rid.

Thanks

Photos attached.

Attachments

• 20200817_140111.jpg
    20200817_140111.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 341
  • 20200817_140926.jpg
    20200817_140926.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 303
  • 20200821_142433.jpg
    20200821_142433.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 296