1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Global transposing of A=440 to A=432? Is there an easy way?

Discussion in 'iPad for Musicians' started by accrete, Feb 16, 2014.

1. accrete

accrete iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Greetings,
    I am new to the iPad world but have spent time doing about every version of a search in google for anything available as far as an app goes for the iPad that would easily allow a global retune/transposition of the music-work from A as 440 to A as 432. I have come up empty with any specific app or mention of retuning/transposing except by semi-tones or cents for each individual note. I know i can take (for example) each pad in Orphion controler and retune each pad down 32 cents (which would be ~432hz = A from A = 440hz), but i was hoping i would be able to find an easier solution. Maybe one that was Audiobus compatible (though looking through the list nothing is jumping out at this time).

Soooooo.... Does anyone know of a way to easily retune an entire setup down to A=432hz? Am i thinking to hard on this one? ;)
    Oh, and yes i did find the 432-music-player app (don't recall the exact name) that allows retuning of audio files...but what i'm after is retuning/trasposition during performance.

Thanks in advance,
    Thom
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  2. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,912 / 1
    Way beyond my level, but I'll keep an eye on this thread in hopes of learning something.

Good luck.