What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glitch on my ipad

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ringlert said:
I'm new here, my wife uses an iPad2. Also have a Facebook problem. Sounds similier. She starts Facebook. Gets a white srceen, immediately followed by a blue screen with Facebook written across the center. It then disappears, going back to the normal apps screen. If you go check the running apps, it shows Facebook running. Still running IOS5, updated Facebook the other night to ver. 47423. Have not deleted Facebook app and reloaded. I guess that would be the next thing but am not sure what gets deleted when apps are deleted. When you go to delete the app, it says has a warning that data will be lost. Is any important facebook data actually lost or is the warning talking about the app only? When Facebook was initially updated it didn't work for several housr, then started working. Worked for several days and now has not worked for 2 days. Sorry about the length, I was trying to get all the info in. I guess the question is; is deleting the app any big deal, unless somebody has the actual cause of this problem.

Delete it and reinstall it without fear. All of your data is held on FB servers. You will simply download again what is current. Occasionally, I delete apps that cache data uselessly, so that I can regain space.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
brooksco said:
Hi, still no response from Facebook help re: my missing profile page. Today, unfortunately may mindjolt app decided not to open on iPad any more. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same problem. I have re set deleted and re installed but with no joy. I try to open it and after a few seconds of trying to load it disappears. Any ideas please?

Sounds like you may be low on memory. Try clearing your multitask bar then rebooting. That might help.

Kiwibrit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having similar problems, when I attempt to view News Feed. I am running ipad2, iOS 6 and the latest Facebook App. I have cleared everything on the Multi task bar, and rebooted the ipad. I have detected and re installed the Facebook app. Problem still occurs. Didn't happen with easier versions. Looks like a bug to me - though if someone's come up with a workaround, I'd love to know.

Last edited:

Kroby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the exact same problem with my Facebook profile page. It was working great and then I changed my cover photo and now it won't load.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kroby said:
I am having the exact same problem with my Facebook profile page. It was working great and then I changed my cover photo and now it won't load.

Try closing your apps completely and see if this rectifies the problem.

When an app behaves strangely it is best to close it completely and then relaunch it. From the home screen do the four finger swipe up or double press the home button to reveal your multi task bar. These are all the apps that you have opened at one time. Long press the app until it jiggles and a red minus sign will appear above it. Press the minus sign, this will close the app, not delete it, now press the home button to return to your screen. It's also a good idea to close all these apps, as it helps the iPad run smoothly

If not try a restart or reset.

Restart - Press and hold the power off button, the one at the top right. You will see a slide appear to power off, slide this and the screen will go dark and a Whirly will appear. When the Whirly disappears your iPad is now off. Press the power button again until the Apple logo appears, this will take a few seconds and your iPad will restart. You should restart your iPad occasionally also as it will keep it running well. Now see if it is operating.

Reset - Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you will see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start.

Let us know how you go.

Most reactions

Latest posts