What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting into the beta program

r3g3x

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How does a person get into the beta program where you can test early releases of the iOS operating system. I am not a developer but would like to test iOS for future features and use cases.
Thanks!
Jim

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
AFAIK you need to join the apple app dev program. It really isn't worth the hassle IMO just to get a couple of possibly unstable insecure extra things you probably won't notice.

I've never known any beta release of IOS to be unstable or insecure, but YMMV.

r3g3x, you can sign up here - https://developer.apple.com/devcenter/ios/index.action

You don't actually have to develop anything. You will simply get access to all the downloads. At the moment, nothing is in beta, so you might want to wait to start your years membership until you hear something about the next version of IOS being in beta. We usually post that in our news section...

Last edited:

taddle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
England, United Kingdom, the Northern Hemisphere,
I haven't either, but that's the overall goal of beta: to test to see if something is durable enough to survive the big bad world. At least that's what our goal is at mozilla, and according to the Internet, it is apples main goal for beta as well, I'll throw in a link if I can dig it out from all of the other apple stuff in my browsing history.

Sent from my iPod touch using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts