What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Genius doesn't work on my Ipad

miglesiase

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

My itunes genius doesn't work in my ipad iOS5. I try to make a genius playlist but the genius button doesn't work at all, not even a message saying there's a problem. I just touch it and it doesn't do anything, nothing at all. I already restore it and still doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Thank you

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Just a guess, but you may have to turn it on in iTunes on a computer first. It's under the Store menu.

I can't find anyway to turn it on/off on the iPad.

When you go to the iTunes store on the iPad and look at the Music tab, do you see a Genius option at the top next to Featured and Top Charts?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Do you have any iTunes purchased music on the iPad? And are you selecting an iTunes purchased song when trying to use Genius?

Just taking (another) shot in the dark here, but it is possible, even likely, that Genius can only work with songs from the iTunes Store, since those are the only songs it would have in it's database. It might work with Matched songs too, when iTunes Match becomes available, since that would again give it a reference to the iTunes database of songs.

NYHorsewoman

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Do you have any iTunes purchased music on the iPad? And are you selecting an iTunes purchased song when trying to use Genius?

Just taking (another) shot in the dark here, but it is possible, even likely, that Genius can only work with songs from the iTunes Store, since those are the only songs it would have in it's database. It might work with Matched songs too, when iTunes Match becomes available, since that would again give it a reference to the iTunes database of songs.

I was referring to Genius for apps.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
NYHorsewoman said:
I was referring to Genius for apps.

That is easier (I hope).

Open the App Store on the iPad. Scroll to the bottom of screen, on most tabs you will see a button with your Apple ID (or Sign In). Tap it and choose View Account from the popup. You can turn on Genius for Apps there.

Most reactions

Latest posts