What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Genius Comes to the iPad App Store

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Up until yesterday the iPad App Store didn't have a Genius option, but, as lots of media outlets including CNET are reporting, one appeared as if by Steve Jobs-style magic in the App Store yesterday. Now, when you load up the App Store on your iPad, on that neat little bar along the bottom you'll see the "Genius" option nestling cheekily in between "Featured" and "Top Charts". Well that's where mine is anyway, yours may be different. Touch it and you'll be given the option to turn it on. And if you're unfamiliar with Genius and simply thought that your iPad was being extra complimentary to you by adding this new option, it's actually an ingenious little programme that, once you give it permission, recommends Apps to you based on an analysis of what you've already got on your device. I really like what Apple has done with the iPad App version of Genius from what I've seen so far. It gives you the option to let it know if you're "Not interested", and as well as suggesting new Apps, there's also a category to suggest upgrades to free or lite apps you might already have. Pure genius, you might say!

Source: CNET

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There, I fixed it for you!

...there's also a category to suggest upgrades to free or lite apps you might already have. Pure genius for adding to Apple's profit margin, you might say!

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
:) Thank you!

texaslonghorn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I added it last night. I never used the Genius function for iTunes so this is my first experience with it. What I can't figure out is how to make the "Not Interested" function work at the bottom of each app thumbnail. I click it, it grays out, but the app stays there - and comes back after I close Genius and come back later. How do I get the Genius to understand "NOT INTERESTED"???

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I added it last night. I never used the Genius function for iTunes so this is my first experience with it. What I can't figure out is how to make the "Not Interested" function work at the bottom of each app thumbnail. I click it, it grays out, but the app stays there - and comes back after I close Genius and come back later. How do I get the Genius to understand "NOT INTERESTED"???

Buy the app!:D:D:D

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well that makes sense, I noticed that yesterday and didn't think it had been there previously.

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like the app suggestions but music suggestions are rather weird

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why is this bad? The "genius" only makes suggestions and it is up to you whether or not you buy the apps they suggest.

ipad_user

iPF Noob
Reaction score

You can't - it doesn't work. Way to go Apple.

Most reactions

Latest posts