What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Genius Does Nothing on iPad

dcisme

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Folks,
First, let me say I love my iPad like nobody's business (this is my first post on this forum so I felt compelled to say that).

Wondering if anyone has a fix for a situation where Apple Genius doesn't seem to be working in the new Music app on iOS5.
I have it turned on in iTunes on my laptop and it works fine on the laptop, but when I hit the little genius icon at the top of a song nothing happens at all. There is also no way to start from the Playlist flow and create a new genius playlist.

Anyone had/fixed this issue?
thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Mine usually says it does not have enough similar songs to create a playlist (I don't load my iPad with a lot of music); however when I do tap a song that works it does not 'look' like it does anything. However if I go back to the Playlist view I will see a Genius Playlist with similar songs in it.

When I open the the playlist there is a Save button. Once saved it is editable just like any other playlist.

agregorewsky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I, too, am unable to create a Genius playlist directly on my iPad 2. No issues on my iPod touch - Genius works fine there. I can create Genius playlists on iTunes and they sync OK. What is going wrong here? This all started with ios 5

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but you may have to turn on on Genius in iTunes on the computer first, and you might have to sync with the computer once after that. Try the fist part (and give it some time to propagate, then the second if necessary.

Since I can't find anywhere on the iPad to turn on Genius for music store, that's my best guess.

Also, the manual says that turning on iTunes Match will disable Genius playlists on the iPad. I don't know why. If you are using iTunes Match, that could also be the problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts