1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Gem Gifting Rules??

Discussion in 'DragonVale Forum' started by BonesDT, Oct 13, 2012.

1. BonesDT

BonesDT iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Can someone please explain the intricacies of gifting gems to friends?

First off, I've been playing this game for a while (lvl 34) and I've searched and can't find anything beyond the basics, but I still can't wrap my head around it.

There's this so-called "24-hour" rule, but it doesn't seem to play out that simple in the real world. When I gift my 6 gems to 6 people ... 6 more gems are available for gifting in only a few hours; however, not to the same 6 friends, which are greyed out. I resist using the new 6 gems immediately thinking that if I use them, it will take ~48 hours until I can gift again to my consistent circle of 6 friends.

So I wait. But it doesn't seem my greyed out 6 friends become available in 24 hours. This is made very clear as I gifted the same time I started a colosseum event - but long after my event is over the next day, my 6 friends were still greyed out. It even appears that they are sometimes greyed out for almost 48 hours. This makes me feel horrible as I don't want my friends to think I slacked-off that day.

So is this "24-hour" rule assuming the receiver logs-in every day & accepts the gem? What if you gift a gem every day for a week to a friend who doesn't log-in for a week? Does he receive 7 gems as soon as he logs on again?

What if you want to gift a friend, but 6 others have already gifted him that day? Does he appear greyed out to you or does the game allow you to gift to him, but it just gets wasted & he never knows of your gift?

Thanks.

p.s. add me: BonesDT
  2. peppiegal

peppiegal iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +44 / 0
    I think the whole gem gifting is still a little glitchy. I have been able to--on more than one occasion--been able to gift 12 gems is a 24 hour period and still have gems to give out the next day.
    After, I think it's 3 or 4, gems are gifted to someone the pop up that alerts you will say ______, ______, , ______, ______, and others gave you a gem!

gcid: KOKO~PUFFS I only accept friends so message me if you add me ~*Ashley*~ ;)
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012