iTunes gift card - different stores?

Discussion in 'International iPad Users' started by MistressMarcia, Nov 23, 2012.

1. MistressMarcia

MistressMarcia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello!
    I wasn't too sure where to put this question, so sorry if this isn't where it should go!
    I am currently living in Australia, but most of my family is in China. My little cousin just got a new iPad, and he's soooooo excited it's all he talks about. His parents won't let him spend money on games, so I was thinking the next time I go back for a visit, I could get him a gift card.
    Today, I saw gift cards were on special at Woolworths, so I was like, cool! I know it says on the back for use in the Australian iTunes Store only, so my question is, is there still some way he can use it? What if I changed the country of his account to Australia, activated it, then changed it back to China again?
    Does China have iTunes gift cards? I've never seen them around. Buying him one for the Chinese iTunes Store would be best, obviously, but I don't know if they have such a thing.
    Thanks!

2. Gabriel1

Gabriel1 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +748 / 0
    There are many options to gift credit to others accounts from your own so, if the Woolworths deal is good why not buy the cards, credit them to your own account then send a gift from your account, see the options available here http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2736?viewlocale=en_US

The Archangel

3. MistressMarcia

MistressMarcia iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ooh,thank you so much!