What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot send gifts?

Jpop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I bought myself an ipad air a few weeks ago since a few of my family have them to face time each other, I was wanting to send an iBook as a gift but after I put in email details and message the next button is greyed out so cannot send the gift, also tried with an app and it's the same thing?

Anyone help?

Cheers.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, Jpop! Welcome!

Just for a start:
When you enter an email address, it has to be an Apple ID (iTunes ID). Also, you can't gift items to an account in a different country.

OP
J

Jpop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I don't think the person I am sending to has an itunes I D.

Would they need to sync it up to itunes on the PC or can it be done on the ipad?

Cheers.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the person uses an iPad, he/she has an Apple ID, which is used in iBooks Store, App Store and iTunes Store, as well as in iTunes on the computer. The Apple ID is an email address. What you have to do when you want to send a gift to somebody with an Apple device, is to send the gift to the email address which this person uses as an Apple ID. You'll find the Apple ID in Settings - iTunes & App Store.

OP
J

Jpop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the person must have an id then as I can contact them through FaceTime and their email shows up when I want to send the gift?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
When you can contact the person through FaceTime, there should be an Apple ID. The emails that appear when you try to send a gift are from your contacts. You need to make sure that you're sending it to an Apple ID.

OP
J

Jpop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just manually typed their email address in instead of their name showing up and it's let me send the gift.

Cheers.

Most reactions

Latest posts