What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Frozen app

Madhatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, this is my first post here, so hello. :) I was playing galaxy on fire 2 on my ipad 2, paused the game so that the options screen was showing and quit. Later when I tried to play it again it had frozen and I couldn't do anything on the screen. A friend of mine told me the only thing he could think of was to restore the ipad from itunes on my PC, but then, naturally, all my saves and everything will disappear, so of course I want a better option than that. What can I do to unfreeze the game? And btw, why does this happen? I have rebooted the ipad, and otherwise it seems to work fine. Does anybody know if this is an issue with GoF2 itself or is it an ipad2 issue? Appreciate any help, guys! :/

OP
M

Madhatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nevermind. I just learned how to kill apps. =)

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the search feature (in the toolbar at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information linked below my signature to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum.

With regard to your question, first try closing the app. Double click the home button to see all open apps. Press and hold the app's icon until it starts to jiggle. Tap the circled "X" in the upper left-hand corner of the app to close it.

If you've already tried rebooting your iPad you may need to reset it. Hold the power and home buttons down until the power off slider appears and power it off. Power it back up again and see if that doesn't take care of it. More here...

iPhone, iPad, iPod touch: Turning off and on (restarting) and resetting

If that doesn't help you may need to remove the app and reinstall it. Tap and hold the app's icon until it starts to jiggle. Tap the "X" in the upper left-hand corner and confirm the delete. As you suggest, doing so will probably lose all of your data. The next time you sync with iTunes you can check the box next to the app to reinstall it.

As mentioned if all else fails restoring your iPad is a last ditch effort but may be necessary.

Although the iPad is very stable and problems like this are rare, as with any computer applications can cause problems. Many games are very memory/CPU intensive so it may be worthwhile to free up as much memory as possible by closing all other open apps. Again, double click the home button to see all open apps. Press and hold any open app icon until they all start to jiggle. Tap the circled "X" in the upper left-hand corner of each app to close it.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes.

Welcome again and enjoy!

EDIT: Good to hear that you got it sorted out. Enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
M

Madhatter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for that thorough explanation, richsadams! I already fixed the problem by killing all the apps. I didn't know about that function, so I apparently had all apps running. :D But even so, the explanation was helpful, because I didn't know half of what you said before, so thanks again!

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much for that thorough explanation, richsadams! I already fixed the problem by killing all the apps. I didn't know about that function, so I apparently had all apps running. :D But even so, the explanation was helpful, because I didn't know half of what you said before, so thanks again!
It's my pleasure...and enjoy!

Most reactions

Latest posts