What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freeing space by deleteing photos

Wingit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I deleted all the photos in my camera roll but the usage is still showing a 100mb in there. Any idea where these images might be?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you tap on the the Photo & Camera under Settings > General > Usage it should break down into Camera Roll, Photo Library, and Photo Stream. That should give you a better idea of where to look.

I suppose 100 MB might be the databases's minimum size, though that seems much larger than what I would expect. I can't confirm that without deleting all my photos, which would be a lot of trouble right now.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3 that I recently restored to factory settings and set up as a new iPad. With no photos on the photos app, it shows no data when I look at the usage list in settings. When I added one photo it jumped to 14.5Mb. When a second photo was added, it jumped to 16.5Mb. If both photos were about 2 Mb each, that leaves 12.5Mb for other data. If your photos app is still showing 100Mb, there must be something there that escaped deletion. Are you sure there aren't any folders in the menu bar at the top of the screen when you open the photos app?

Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3 that I recently restored to factory settings and set up as a new iPad. With no photos on the photos app, it shows no data when I look at the usage list in settings. When I added one photo it jumped to 14.5Mb. When a second photo was added, it jumped to 16.5Mb. If both photos were about 2 Mb each, that leaves 12.5Mb for other data. If your photos app is still showing 100Mb, there must be something there that escaped deletion. Are you sure there aren't any folders in the menu bar at the top of the screen when you open the photos app?

Thanks for that. :D

{checking "learned something today" off my todo list.}

Most reactions

Latest posts