What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash

Ipad voice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Please tell me how to play Sockshare and Putlocker on ipad 2.
I also want to hack jailbreak it,but I accidentally upgraded to iOs 6.Is there any JB for it yet ? can I downgrade to iOS 5?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but the iPad does not "do" Flash. Please see this post for more details: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-faq/54703-flash-ipad.html

As far as downgrading your iPad2 to iOS 5.1.1, have you saved the SHSH blobs for both iOS 4 (any version) and iOS 5.1.1? Without those blobs, there is no way to downgrade the iOS.

If you are 'stuck" on iOS 6 and are anxiously awaiting a jail break, please follow this thread to keep up with the latest news on the jail break for iOS 6: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=89458

Marilyn

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You slipping Mickey? I would have thought you'd locked this thread by now :D

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, I almost did.

However, there are two topics in this thread - one on Flash and one about downgrading/jail breaking. We can't help with Flash, but if iPad Voice comes back to say he does have the necessary blobs downgrade his iPad to jail break it - then we can help. If I close the thread, he won't be able to tell us if he has the necessaries to jail break.

But yeah, normally we'd close Flash threads - cause we really can't help there. :)

Marilyn

OP
I

Ipad voice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I hack the ipad,is there the possibility that I can damage it,like corrupt it somehow ?I have heard disturbing rumours about how jail broken iPads have gotten stuck on the Apple logo and this requires an expensive repair.And finally,can you give a comparison between Cydia and App Store in ter,s of freeware and variety of apps.
Thanks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been running a jail broken iPad for over a year now and I've never gotten "stuck at the Apple logo." Usually, people run into issues with their jail broken iPads because they attempt to load tweaks on that are not designed for the iPad or the iOS that is loaded on the iPad (or both). Or, they attempt to use piracy-enabling software (to steal apps) which is guaranteed to mess with the proper running of the iPad.

Cydia is just like the App Store - only for jail breakers - in that it has free tweaks and tweaks that are for sale. You have to have an account and log in to purchase tweaks.

Have a look here for a good description on what jail breaking is: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

Bottom line: If you rely on the tried-and-true jail break tweaks (from Cydia) and avoid any piracy-enabling software, you won't notice that you're iPad is jail broken; it will run just fine. Well, except that you'll have some neat features that'll make your iPad be improved over stock. :)

Marilyn

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
To add on to what Marilyn said, it's actually pretty hard to brick your device while jailbreaking assuming you follow the directions. Some examples would be that some users disconnect the cable when it clearly says "Do not disconnect the device". Take a few minutes to look over the procedures before jailbreaking and you should be fine. As long as you don't interrupt the process, you can fix it fairly easily.

Most reactions

Latest posts