What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash whoas

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonio107

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is another problem.
I could show, shoe more words that are spelled correctly but still wrong.There , their, they're are
two, to, too many to, two, too put , putt , into, onto this thread. It would, wood, either, neither affect, effect the overall point of the thread or , nor make an impact on Apple deciding against Flash usage on the, thee Ipad

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

10 Words You Need to Stop Misspelling - The Oatmeal

There.

When the oatmeal does it, it's not mean, it's funny! :)

OP
J

Jfree98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its apparent that this issue has been addressed before...forgive my ignorance. Anyway I downloaded Puffin and it solves my immediate issue so whatev...thanks.

OP
J

Jfree98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Personally, I am entertained by the titled of this thread - which is somewhat self-answering.

Whoas = what you tell a horse to stop, so Flash whoas = telling flash to stop. Isn't that what's done?

:D

Yeah, I know. Bad. But still, got to find humor where you can when it comes to all these the flash questions...

Really?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its apparent that this issue has been addressed before...forgive my ignorance. Anyway I downloaded Puffin and it solves my immediate issue so whatev...thanks.

Sorry about some of the posts ~ Flash is a very touchy subject around here. We are getting better, believe it or not.:eek:

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally, I am entertained by the titled of this thread - which is somewhat self-answering.

Whoas = what you tell a horse to stop, so Flash whoas = telling flash to stop. Isn't that what's done?

:D

Yeah, I know. Bad. But still, got to find humor where you can when it comes to all these the flash questions...

I've been skipping this thread, because I don't care about Flash, but I finally looked at it, because every time I saw the topic name, I'd think, "giddyup." :D

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is another problem.
I could show, shoe more words that are spelled correctly but still wrong.There , their, they're are
two, to, too many to, two, too put , putt , into, onto this thread. It would, wood, either, neither affect, effect the overall point of the thread or , nor make an impact on Apple deciding against Flash usage on the, thee Ipad

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

I'm less bothered by the lack of Flash than Apple enabling people to misuse the word "it's" because of iPad's stupid spellcheck and auto-correction. Apparently the Apple dictionary people don't know the difference between it's and its.

"It's" is a contraction, short for "it is." (Or "it has.")

"Its" is a possessive, used to describe ownership or possession. In any sentence when you wouldn't use "it is" or "it has," don't use "it's."

For example: The dog wagged its tail. (Correct use.) ... It wouldn't work to say, "The dog wagged IT IS tail," so you know that the right word to use is "its," no apostrophe.

Anyway, that's the only time I will try to correct grammar and spelling on any thread.

Last edited:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if this is only the case in British English but there's another use of "it's" - as short for "it has"

So, for example, - "I wonder where it has gone?" can be shortened to "I wonder where it's gone?"

Tim

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if this is only the case in British English but there's another use of "it's" - as short for "it has"

So, for example, - "I wonder where it has gone?" can be shortened to "I wonder where it's gone?"

Tim
Yes, you're right, Tim. Same thing in American English. I've updated my earlier post to avoid confusing people.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The discussion has strayed off topic. The OP reported in post #32 that his problem had been solved, so the thread can close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts