What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash whoas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfree98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know if apple is going to address the issue of not being able to use flash? Seeing as how flash is a big part of youre online experience, it seems only right that apple should address this issue. Arent they supposed to be leaders in the technology space? Anyway until they get around to fixing this issue are there any workarounds that gives me the ability to enjoy my online experience?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/18235-flash-player.html

There are several third-party browsers that 'sort of' support Flash by hosting it on the company's web site and then streaming the content to the iPad. Depending on the content, the results may or may not be satisfactory. Look at iSwifter and Puffin. There are several others too. There's a free limited viewing time version of iSwifter available so that you can see if it meets your requirements.

This is a hotly discussed topic on this Forum. I've given one link above to a discussion, but there are dozens - use the Search button if you want to find some of the others - there are widely varying views discussed.

Tim

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ughhhh....hmmmmmm....breathe....breathe...123...ahhhhhh....now:

Jfree98 said:
Does anyone know if apple is going to address the issue of not being able to use flash? Seeing as how flash is a big part of youre online experience, it seems only right that apple should address this issue. Arent they supposed to be leaders in the technology space? Anyway until they get around to fixing this issue are there any workarounds that gives me the ability to enjoy my online experience?

Apple doesn't need to address.....adobe does and has:
wallaby from adobe for developers who are already using flash.
iPad 2 Gets Flash with Adobe's Wallaby | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIsJEkumNNs]YouTube - Flash Animation to HTML5 with Adobe's Wallaby Prerelease 1 ‏[/ame]

Last edited:
OP
J

Jfree98

iPF Noob
Reaction score
col.bris said:
Adobe has to address it not apple and you have just be patient. Most Likely resolved in next 6 months with Adobe

Really...6 months. So much will have changed in six months it would not be worth the wait.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
col.bris said:
Adobe has to address it not apple and you have just be patient. Most Likely resolved in next 6 months with Adobe

Really...6 months. So much will have changed in six months it would not be worth the wait.

Well if you want full flash experience then download splashtop....remote desktop viewer to watch full flash sites on pc via the iPad...or you could listen to what Tim said above about 3rd party apps that host the content on their servers for you to view.

Besides what site(s) are you having trouble with, when viewing flash content?

jwt873

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think if Apple's competition all go to Flash, it will put them at a disadvantage...

No matter how much Jobs hates flash, It's something I think Apple will have to address some day. Check out this Blackberry ad for the Blackberry Playbook.. They really push the "We do Flash" aspect.... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STw4zti94iM&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪BlackBerry PlayBook - Flash :)30)‬‏[/ame]

poopsie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah and sales of the Playbook have been sky rocketing....I don't ever want to see Apple get flash. Its old, clunky, and never works right on mobile devices. And before you say it, I had androids in the past that claim flash and it still is a horrible experience. Besides, Adobe had their chance with Apple. They blew it early on so I don't feel bad for them on this.

Diesel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jfree98 said:

This information should be made a sticky.

All the answers to your questions about Apple and Flash are located in the below link. It's long but I promise you it's very informative.

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/

Reaction score
How about a poll to see how many members would want a sticky?
If 10 out of 100 new members doesn't ask about Flash because of the sticky wouldn't it be worth it to have less threads?
I'd suggest it be a closed sticky with links to Jobs and Apples stance on Flash and any other pertinent links to help newbs avoid the question. You could even put in a " if your first post is asking about Flash you will be banned" disclaimer ;)
I firmly believe in pro action is easier than reaction and the best way to put out a fire is prevent it.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts