Flash whoas

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by Jfree98, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jfree98

Jfree98
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Does anyone know if apple is going to address the issue of not being able to use flash? Seeing as how flash is a big part of youre online experience, it seems only right that apple should address this issue. Arent they supposed to be leaders in the technology space? Anyway until they get around to fixing this issue are there any workarounds that gives me the ability to enjoy my online experience?

2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/18235-flash-player.html

There are several third-party browsers that 'sort of' support Flash by hosting it on the company's web site and then streaming the content to the iPad. Depending on the content, the results may or may not be satisfactory. Look at iSwifter and Puffin. There are several others too. There's a free limited viewing time version of iSwifter available so that you can see if it meets your requirements.

This is a hotly discussed topic on this Forum. I've given one link above to a discussion, but there are dozens - use the Search button if you want to find some of the others - there are widely varying views discussed.

Tim

3. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    And the answer to your question? Apple will never address it. There will never be flash for the iPad.

4. OUTL4W

OUTL4W
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ughhhh....hmmmmmm....breathe....breathe...123...ahhhhhh....now:

Apple doesn't need to address.....adobe does and has:
    wallaby from adobe for developers who are already using flash.
    iPad 2 Gets Flash with Adobe's Wallaby | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIsJEkumNNs]YouTube - Flash Animation to HTML5 with Adobe's Wallaby Prerelease 1 ‏[/ame]

#4 OUTL4W, May 26, 2011
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  5. sjleworthy

sjleworthy
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    flash certainly aint a big part of my online experience.

i never miss it and hardly notice it missing. less and less is flash becoming an online browsing requirement.

6. col.bris

col.bris
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Adobe has to address it not apple and you have just be patient. Most Likely resolved in next 6 months with Adobe

7. Jfree98

Jfree98
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Really...6 months. So much will have changed in six months it would not be worth the wait.

8. OUTL4W

OUTL4W
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Well if you want full flash experience then download splashtop....remote desktop viewer to watch full flash sites on pc via the iPad...or you could listen to what Tim said above about 3rd party apps that host the content on their servers for you to view.

Besides what site(s) are you having trouble with, when viewing flash content?

9. jwt873

jwt873
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I think if Apple's competition all go to Flash, it will put them at a disadvantage...

No matter how much Jobs hates flash, It's something I think Apple will have to address some day. Check out this Blackberry ad for the Blackberry Playbook.. They really push the "We do Flash" aspect.... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STw4zti94iM&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪BlackBerry PlayBook - Flash :)30)‬‏[/ame]

10. poopsie

poopsie
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Yeah and sales of the Playbook have been sky rocketing....I don't ever want to see Apple get flash. Its old, clunky, and never works right on mobile devices. And before you say it, I had androids in the past that claim flash and it still is a horrible experience. Besides, Adobe had their chance with Apple. They blew it early on so I don't feel bad for them on this.