What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First time ipad owner

Mustashi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all!
So I just purchased my first IPad (new model) and I just wanted to report that I love it! I had been doing a fair bit of research, which led me to this site, and I just wanted to thank you all for the insights and feedback regarding the new IPad. I am happy to say my new 64g wifi IPad is working fine on wifi, no pixel problems I can see, and only a small amount of backlight bleed (only seen while hiding in my closet with 100% brightness!!) haven't noticed the warmth and have yet to plug it in and test the charging aspect. Considering all I've read about the new IPad I am rather pleased. Just want to let other potential buyers know that it is worth a go. I understand people are having issues with the new IPad, and I hope they get them resolved. I just want to let people know that great units are out there. Or I'm just lucky. Thanks to all here for the info that helped me make my purchase and told me what to look for in regards to getting a great IPad. As a first time owner I would love to hear any tips, tricks, app must haves, to better my experience. Thank you.
I will now go back to my lurking ways!!
Great site!

P.s. I had to send this from my iPhone 4 as my lady seems to have decided the Ipad is hers!
Dagnabit........

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome from Australia and thanks for your post like you I have a new iPad works like a dream. A great improvement over ipad2 in more ways than one. Cost of ownership is low compared to laptops and even other tablets as previous models hold a high resale value. Without question the generation 3 iPad is a great improvement over past models. Enjoy our forums if you need assistance just ask any of our mod team or myself..

One more thing if you own iPhones please visit our sister site iphoneforums.net. Cheers col

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for your report. I could write almost the same comments regarding my iPad experience and I think many others can too. Still it is good to hear it again.

steftymo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I agree with everything you say as I am also a newcomer to ipad having had an android tablet before and am so glad I made the switch.
As far as must have apps are concerned I would highly recommend "App advice" and "app start".

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, and welcome to the forum. Good to "see" you and hope you enjoy your visits here!

P.s. I had to send this from my iPhone 4 as my lady seems to have decided the Ipad is hers!
Dagnabit........

You realize what this means, don't you? You're going to have to buy another iPad. "Problem" solved! :D

Ma

Most reactions

Latest posts