FingerPrint to AirPrint to your computer

Discussion in 'AirPrint' started by twerppoet, May 31, 2011.

1. twerppoet

twerppoet
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend II

Thanks Received:
    Thanks for the tip.

2. Gabqc

Gabqc
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    I have searched and tried many apps to do that and for me the simplest way was Fingerprint from Collobos don't hesitate to buy for the price it do the job. I know that is less interesting to have a Pc or Laptop open for print. But for me, i'm searching for a cheap mini-Laptop that it Will connect to my router and that CAN Forgot. I,m looking for one that LCD was broken but CAN connect to external source to start and after i don't have to see anything. I havé contact Samsung for see it CAN be upgrade firmware of my clx3170fn but it seems that it can't. I'm sure that for her it is not to hard to see with Collobos for include this emulation in, but he probably prefer to sell or not sell new printer. Support was her force

3. Gtatler

Gtatler
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Fingerprint is absolutely GREAT. I use it all the time. Well worth the small charge. Thoroughly recommended.

4. Gtatler

Gtatler
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    And the new version (February 2012) is even better as it runs as a service. It is set up to start automatically when PC is booted. And it picks up all of my printers (including network printers) without any problem.

Well done to the developers.

5. arnehult

arnehult
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Just installed Fingerprint on old Dell desktop running Win-XP. Installed w/o probs, iOS devices found and printed immed. Worth $10. PC does have to be running, tho. BTW printer is a Canon MX 880 series.
    -A

6. ozgrunt

ozgrunt
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Finally got Fingerprint working. Problem was my Netgear WiFi router. It doesn't like routing wifi data to LAN. This seems to be a problem with many combined router/wifi access points.
    I have to cycle the wifi quite often so the iPad can pickup the AppleTV and now the printer. Annoying. Time to get a dedicated wifi access point.

7. BobAZ

BobAZ
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have downloaded FingerPrint trial version for Windows, but all I get is a "bar" moving from left to right saying that it is searching for FingerPrint servers. Do you have any suggestions? I don't want to pay $10 until I know that it works.

Thanks.

8. Gtatler

Gtatler
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Suggest you un-install, re-download and re-install.

I didn't have any problem like this.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

9. BobAZ

BobAZ
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:

I have already done that twice. I have emailed Collobos (FingerPrint developer) and they told me the same.

Still all I get is FingerPrint open with a bar running left to right saying "Searching for FingerPrint service.

I am running Windows XP Pro on an iMac using Boot Camp. Everything else works fine.

10. Gtatler

Gtatler
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Have you opened the services tab to see whether the service is running ? It should be set to auto.

Sent from my iPad using iPF