Fast battery drain...?

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by MoonlitSonata, Dec 27, 2012.

  1. MoonlitSonata

    MoonlitSonata
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

    Joined:
    May 8, 2011
    Messages:
    2,380
    Thanks Received:
    161
    I've drained the battery til it auto shuts down, then charged it overnight. i've used it for about 2 hours and the battery's drained about 30%. Normal? 20%-ish brightness, 2 or 3 apps in multi-task bar.
     
  2. zstairlessone

    zstairlessone
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2012
    Messages:
    2,052
    Thanks Received:
    440
    Do you have wifi looking for a connection, bluetooth turned on, cellular on etc? Maybe Maps (or some other GPS program) running?

    With just wifi connected and streaming video content from the computer it doesn't drain that fast. Nor watching a full game on YouTube, but they are all a bit different (different apps loaded) and I am running 5.1.1 on an iPad 3rd generation that has 4G (or what they call 4G)
     
  3. Roy Rob

    Roy Rob
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

    Joined:
    Nov 21, 2012
    Messages:
    1,148
    Thanks Received:
    143
    Do you mean it has drained about 30% to 70% remaining or drained to 30% remaining. The former would be about normal depending on the apps that you ran for the two hours. The latter would not be normal.
     
  4. MoonlitSonata

    MoonlitSonata
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

    Joined:
    May 8, 2011
    Messages:
    2,380
    Thanks Received:
    161
    Down to 70%. It's abnormal to me, coming from the 2 that wouldn't be at 70% for 3-4 hours.
     
  5. MoonlitSonata

    MoonlitSonata
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

    Joined:
    May 8, 2011
    Messages:
    2,380
    Thanks Received:
    161
    Wi-fi only, bluetooth off.
     
  6. buerkletucson

    buerkletucson
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2012
    Messages:
    515
    Thanks Received:
    29
    All completely depends on usage..............
    Running any graphics intensive apps or games drags down the battery fast............just surfing the web, email, ect. it will drain very slowly.
    Retina display will defintely use the battery faster.
     
  7. zstairlessone

    zstairlessone
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Ninja

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2012
    Messages:
    2,052
    Thanks Received:
    440
    Aahh, I thought it was dropping to 30%, if it is dropping by 30% it is different and mostly normal depending on use.
     
  8. MoonlitSonata

    MoonlitSonata
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator

    Joined:
    May 8, 2011
    Messages:
    2,380
    Thanks Received:
    161
    Thanks :)
     
  9. sidewinder

    sidewinder
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

    Joined:
    Dec 16, 2012
    Messages:
    8
    Thanks Received:
    0
    turn your brightness to 1/2 had this problem this has cured it
     
  10. Madmax007

    Madmax007
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

    Joined:
    Sep 21, 2012
    Messages:
    32
    Thanks Received:
    1
    Ditto to above as well as turn off Bluetooth...
     
Similar Threads
  1. David Vice
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    3,385
  2. Tokkie
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    2,304
  3. zahi
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    4,965
  4. gr8rdaner
    Replies:
    6
    Views:
    1,298
  5. Mesqueunclub
    Replies:
    17
    Views:
    2,681
Loading...

Share This Page



Search tags for this page
how to drain an ipad battery fast
,
how to drain ipad battery fast
,
ipad 4 battery drain fast
,

ipad 4 battery draining fast

,
ipad 4 battery drains fast
,
ipad 4 battery drains quickly
,
ipad 4 battery getting drained
,
ipad 4 with retina display drains batteryfast
,
ipad fast battery drain
,
ipad4 battery draining fast