What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FarmVille Launches On iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Incredibly popular Facebook game FarmVille has today been released as a free iPad app, following on from the game’s successful iPhone launch, creating a genuinely cross-platform gaming experience, with existing players being able to tend to their farms on the web, the iPhone and now the iPad, and new players being able to create their own farms.

FarmVille on iPad features custom graphics specifically designed for the larger screen, and as with FarmVille on the iPhone, players can interact with their farms in new ways via the touch screen, by swiping and double-tapping to zoom in and out to view your farm, harvest crops or drive tractors. Players will also receive push alerts to keep them informed about the status of their crops. Here’s Steven Chaing, president of studios, Zynga, talking about the new iPad version of the game:

“We want to reach people wherever they want to play the games they love, and deliver the most fun and social experience on every platform.The iPad is a spectacular gaming device, and the new FarmVille app leverages its larger touch screen interface and enhanced graphics. FarmVille on the iPhone was an instant hit and now we are giving people another Apple device to play on.â€

Would-be HD farmers can download the FarmVille for iPad free app here.

Source: Zynga

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yay! it's about time! the iphone version is so difficult!

if you want neighbors add me: MODERATOR NOTICE-PLEASE NO EMAIL LINKS.

Last edited by a moderator:

clywhite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just started playing FarmVille on my new iPad. I need to know how to add neighbors. I see the add neighbors button, but none of my FB friends that play are on the list. I enter their name but nothing happens. Also, is there a way to add neighbors to FarmVille without adding them to my FB friends list?

SheerLuckHolmes

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My roomate plays farmville. Can I add this app and then turn it over to her and allow her to play her own farmville on my iPad then return to her laptop. When she does will everything she did on my iPad show up on her game on the laptop?

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On first glance, this doesn't look like an iPad specific app. Has anyone downloaded and played it yet?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On first glance, this doesn't look like an iPad specific app. Has anyone downloaded and played it yet?

i did, it's annoying coz you cannot receive and send the usual gifts when you are playing it in your pc. :mad:

AJsAWiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
j0yful said:
i did, it's annoying coz you cannot receive and send the usual gifts when you are playing it in your pc. :mad:

Does it look like an iPhone app on your iPad or a native iPad app on the iPad?

Sun King

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Digging up an old thread , has anyone managed to get FarmVille working on an iPad 2 ?

On mine it starts loading then drops out back to where I loaded from.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Digging up an old thread , has anyone managed to get FarmVille working on an iPad 2 ?

On mine it starts loading then drops out back to where I loaded from.

I have not on my iPad, but have on my iPod touch. It does hang a bit on the front page of FarmVille as it loads. Sometimes I have to close the app than restart. Not sure if this is what you are experiencing.

Last edited:

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sun King said:
What is Eegads ?

Oh sun king-i meant to say that sometimes the app hangs up!

Eegads is an expression like oh my gosh...which certainly was not what i meant! Sorry!

Sun King

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I never did get FarmVille to work and now it has been removed from the app store so I guess someone has realised it does not work.

Most reactions

Latest posts