What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook on my ipad

cigam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to update Facebook on my IPad and it won't run. Thought might be the OS so I updated it. Still wont run. I click on it and a blank screen appears for a second or two and it closes. Tried deleting and installing, still won't run. Tried stopping and restarting, and even hard booting. Nothing is working . Any ideas?

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you used the facebook app from the appstore which is free, or safari/ chrome browser? Eitherway, what you say about the blank screen should not happen. Also double click on the home button and it should bring up the apps in the bottom of the screen that are working behind the scenes. Tap and hold on one of them untill they jiggle, then click the x to close them, then try facebook again

London, UK

OP
cigam

cigam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is the app version. Had Facebook forever but version wouldn't allow sharing. I updated it and it would not run. Thought problem might be old OS so I updated OS to latest version. Still wont run. When I click on it, a v blank screen appears for a couple of seconds, then disappears. I have deleted app and reloaded. I have shut down all apps and tried running just Facebook, same results. I have powered down and back up, and done hard boot. Still wont run. All other apps work fine. Really strange!

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is really strange, i wish someone else can shed some light here with how,to,sort this, otherwise its a trip to the apple store and see thier tech at the genius bar

London, UK

OP
cigam

cigam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good karma said:
That is really strange, i wish someone else can shed some light here with how,to,sort this, otherwise its a trip to the apple store and see thier tech at the genius bar

London, UK

Lol...thanks!

OP
cigam

cigam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good karma said:
Try using the safari browser to get into facebook seemwhat happens?

London, UK

Oh I can run Facebook in safari.

ninabaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problem! Upgraded iOS from 4 to 5, redownloaded Facebook app multiple times and get same behavior as you. If anyone resolves this please post.

Most reactions

Latest posts