What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook Confusion

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Tomorrow,

I have a question. Yesterday I downloaded the new version of the Facebook app for the iPad. There's a difference with this new version that I don't understand. In the old version, any pictures that you uploaded to Facebook would show up on your newsfeed. But with the new version, that doesn't happen. Am I doing something wrong?

jguffey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also have problems. Everything is so large. No able to save a photo from someone else and repost.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just posted a pic earlier to see what you meant. You're right, pics that you post or even your status shows up only on your newsfeed. I haven't tried to save a pic will try to do that next with a pic.

Edit...I just tried to save a pic that a friend posted and that I am able to do. You have to open the pic to a separate page than save it.

jguffey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you open it somewhere else. Did not see that choice.

jguffey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Works on very very few pics. I also like to save sayings etc that are posted. Use to be able to save as photo and repost. Not now. Looks like it works on my pc.
Thanks for any help you can give me.

spaghetti head

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The updated Facebook app sucks. I look at my page and I have numerous photos of headless people. Any photo with captioning is unreadable. Looks like a browser is the only worthwhile way to get there on an iPad.

Bluray

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Your'll all do know if it's free, it's not going to suit everyone's needs. I have been using Fera for Facebook and never looked back.

susanlackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bluray said:
Your'll all do know if it's free, it's not going to suit everyone's needs. I have been using Fera for Facebook and never looked back.

Interesting, I hadn't heard of that app. My question is this, on my phone, I used to use Friendcaster Pro. I stopped because due to Facebook's privacy policy, I missed out on a lot of my friends posts. Does that happen with this app as well?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Pazuzu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.wtfcinema.com
Friendcaster still works for me on my iPad.. Doesn't make sense to remove the phone version, lol. I downloaded most of of the notable Facebook apps... Unfortunately.. The only ones I liked were FERA, Facely, and Mypad

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pazuzu said:
Friendcaster still works for me on my iPad.. Doesn't make sense to remove the phone version, lol. I downloaded most of of the notable Facebook apps... Unfortunately.. The only ones I liked were FERA, Facely, and Mypad

I just picked up Fara for the iPad. I think I'm going to like it.

susanlackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Knightoftheapp said:
I just picked up Fara for the iPad. I think I'm going to like it.

Cool, if you don't mind, please let me know if you are able to see all your friends status, or if some are missing due to Facebook's privacy policy.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
susanlackey said:
Cool, if you don't mind, please let me know if you are able to see all your friends status, or if some are missing due to Facebook's privacy policy.

As far as your question, so far so good. I can see all of my friends posts on Facebook. The question I have for you is how do you add a comment to somebody else's post on the newsfeed?

Most reactions

Latest posts