What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Facebook for Ipad

chlg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi...new here...not sure if this the correct forum to post this...

I have loaded the newest version of Facebook on my new iPad.

I am still learning iPad short cuts and tricks....but I am having this problem...

Does anyone know how to 'hide story' or 'unsubscribe' from things that appear on your newsfeed?
I can do this on a PC and the facebook page via Safari....but I can't figure it out on the iPad.

is there a swipe I can do or is it a hidden feature?

Also...how do you edit your profile pic and timeline pic now that timeline is available on the new version?

I shouldn't have to go to a PC to make these changes...kinda defeats the purpose of having an iPad.

....anyone know of a help page for Facebook-iPad app?

thanks!!!

fanckush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, you are not the only one here
The old Facebook app was slower but we were able to change our profile pic, but now (in this version) we cant.
Other than that you can open safari go to Facebook and do wt you want to do.
They really need to upgrade that Facebook app, its very annoying..

susanlackey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can change your profile picture using the upgraded Facebook app, I did it today. Open up the picture on Facebook that you want to use as your profile picture, then long press on it. It will come up with the option to either make it your profile picture or to save the picture.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

JesterSevens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can change your profile picture using the upgraded Facebook app, I did it today. Open up the picture on Facebook that you want to use as your profile picture, then long press on it. It will come up with the option to either make it your profile picture or to save the picture.

Sent from my iPad using iPF
Thanks for this! It's been bugging me for ages not knowing how to do it!

Lalou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, I am also new to this forum. All the info above was really useful! Thanks you!
Does anyone know how to share a post on facebook from the new iPad?

Most reactions