What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Facebook apps

J4cett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got an iPad 2 and am not getting on with Facebook apps, mypad and friendly seem to keep crashing. Any suggestions n good apps for Facebook? I have taken to using safari and accessing through the website...

Reaction score
I have friendly and it was worth it two updates ago. I advise you just use the website instead of wasting money on an app that crashes until there Is a successful update for friendly. It's just as convenient you just don't have chat. They should have an update soon though.

sgtcasey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
J4cett said:
Just got an iPad 2 and am not getting on with Facebook apps, mypad and friendly seem to keep crashing. Any suggestions n good apps for Facebook? I have taken to using safari and accessing through the website...

I was using Friendly until today when I finally grew tired of waiting for an update to allow it to work. I've since started using Facely which works great and was free on the App Store.

Dave

Sent from my iPad using iPF

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is what friendly say!

Friendly Facebook for iPad
UPDATE: We’ve submitted Friendly 3.5.1 Fix to Apple. Apple has agreed to review it in priority, and is currently working on it. I will post an update as soon as the fix is available in the App Store.

The problems (startup,black screen,m.facebook...) were related to a change Facebook has made to their server, and unfortunately is affecting all versions of Friendly.

Thanks for your patience and continued support.
6 hours ago · Like · Comment

Stick2e - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Emiliano1984

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Friendly

For now I would recommend using the official facebook app for iphone. Resolution might not be too great but everything works smoothly and viewing pics still looks great. For those who do not have an unlimited data plan , my guess is it uses less data then the ipad facebook formats.

Last edited:
OP
J

J4cett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it appears we have an update. It has not crashed so far....

NoBite

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well it appears we have an update. It has not crashed so far....

My experience, too. So far, so good.

I don't understand why there is no official Facebook iPad app. Somewhere I read the thinking was the iPad is not a true "mobile" device, thus no need for a mobile app.

tdmsu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried Friends with Benefits (I know, lame name)... but it works very well and makes Facebook look much cooler.

davidrussell11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are many ways to attract and interact with social media crowd with acumen to generate e-commerce and there are two types of Facebook applications, one is like Farmville, which was a huge success but not income generating.It is just made for having fun and then there are other applications that are fun as well as target potential customers and they also produce some business.If you have problems regarding facebook applications,you can also get your apps with the help of some company who deals in this one.You can also take help from Signity Solutions,they are best application developers or you can reach there from

johsve339

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I uses MyPad and have never had any problems. However, I also want an official Facebook app for iPad.

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes I would like an ipad version i also use the iphone version right now.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

yasmeen08

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iFrog said:
This is what friendly say!

Friendly Facebook for iPad
UPDATE: We’ve submitted Friendly 3.5.1 Fix to Apple. Apple has agreed to review it in priority, and is currently working on it. I will post an update as soon as the fix is available in the App Store.

The problems (startup,black screen,m.facebook...) were related to a change Facebook has made to their server, and unfortunately is affecting all versions of Friendly.

Thanks for your patience and continued support.
6 hours ago · Like · Comment

Stick2e - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

how to log out on facely hd??

Most reactions

Latest posts