1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

face time and dropped connection

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by andreak, Jan 2, 2012.

1. andreak

andreak iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    anyone know networking? :):)

the first time i ft'd 3 weeks ago, it worked fine. now it doesn't...it starts up fine then after 3-5 seconds the video sticks, the audio starts to gradually get choppy and stops after 10-15 seconds...video frozen audio stops. it's always the same,,,at startup, ft works for a brief second.

took the ipad to the genius bar and it worked in that environment. they did a diagnostic and everything was fine. therefore it must be my wifi environment, but for the life of me i don't know what the problem is. i get a strong signal anywhere in the apartment. i can stream netflix. download speed = 10+> Mbp, upload is yer basic 500Kbp. i have a dlink655 and 1360 extender that both cover the whole apartment. the only difference between my experience and the genius bar is he ft'd with his iphone, while i have tried ft'ing with a friend's ipad.

any suggestion?...thx