What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 1 Restoring problems

dubz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey, My dad just gave me his old iPad which doesn't work. It only shows the restore to iTunes logo. After trying to restore to 5.1.1 and that getting error 9 and 3194 I tried every other version of iOS for iPad 1 iOS 4 - 5.1.1. I'm doing this as I don't know what the 'current' iOS is. I've edited the host document so now apple doesn't appear in it. I've also tried restoring using DFU mode aswell just to see if that would do anything but nothing.

I've managed to get to this screen [will edit this when I get 3 posts] When you restore you get the image of the apple logo with a loading bar under it. However this bar never fills and after 10 or so seconds it just reboots and loads the connect to itunes screen.

I wonder if anyone on here can help as I've spent + 15 hours trying to sort it out. Also I know it's not the USB bus that isn't working as my iPhone 4 works perfectly fine. I've also taken it apart and checked all the connections and they're all perfectly fine (ie no bent connections)

OP
D

dubz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for the quick reply but I've already used that guide and still nothing. I've posted on the apple forums as well and they just told me to use there out of warranty replacement service.

Most reactions

Latest posts