What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

External Hard Drive

BadBoi2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way transfer files or pictures to my external hard drive from my Ipad2? My computer is down so I can't do it from there.

Thank for your help!

Such a NOOB

Bushy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you thought about an app like photobucket, which is a hosted site for photo storage and sharing best of all it's free unless you upgradeto a pro account. It will not get them to your hard drive but it would back them up from the iPad :)

OP
BadBoi2011

BadBoi2011

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm... Not really! But that's a thought! There are better than or close to 2k of them. And I really can't replace them! I need something. There are some very old ones there of family dating to the early 1800's. Thanks for the suggestion too!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Make sure you choose full files sizes when you export to an online service, whichever one you choose.

There are no good (and cheap) ways to save directly to an external hard drive, at least not one you already own. An online solution like BadBoi2011 suggested is your best bet. DropBox is also a possibility, if you just want storage and not the rest of the social sharing features of the big photo sharing sites.

papabear55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What about a wifi enabled hard drive? They seem to becoming more available and afordable

Sent from my iPad using iPF

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Affordable, maybe. Cheap, no. ;)

More importantly, only a few of them offer two way file management. Most only stream to the iPad. Read what they say they can do, very carefully, before buying.

I thought of suggesting them, but I figured they would be a long term solution and the OP looks to be needing something a bit more nowlike.

Most reactions

Latest posts