What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filebrowser App and Ipad access to external drives

bootgaz23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have downloaded the filebrowser app as I want to be able to access external hard drives via my home wifi. I have a belkin usb network hub connected to my router. I then have a wd external hard drive conncted via usb to the hub. My laptop sees the wd drive fine using the belkin control panel and I can access my files.

However I would like to use the fileborwser app to access the drive via my ipad. When I try and add a new machine in filebrowser I am not sure what details I put where. I hve put in the ip address of my wd drive but file browser keeps saying connection refused. I dont have any passwords set and would appreciate help on this.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If ur debice is jailbroken, ifiles from cydia cydia might solve problem. Its the premier pc/ac style file explorer for ipad.

Most reactions

Latest posts