What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excel - Number Format

haaris954

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In excel on my laptop I show the correct value 72 but on my ipad it is showing up as 71,654??

This is the format I am using on my PC in excel _(* #,##0,_);_(* (#,##0,);_(* "-"_);_(@_) to get 71,654 to show up as 72.

Ipad shows it as 71,654. Any ideas on what settings I need to change to correct this issue? Thanks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Numbers doesn't have the same level of formatting control as Excel. There is no way to accomplish this through formatting. The closest you could come would be to create a new column with a formula that devides the first cell by 1000, and format it to display 0 decimal places. The result shoul be the same, but if you use it later for other computations you'll want to use the original cell or remember to multiply by 1000.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
haaris954 said:
Really? That's no good. :confused: Thanks.

You might try Documents to Go. It has a higher level of compatibility with Excel than Numbers. No gurantee though. No iPad app has all the features of the full program. If you can upload an example sheet someone with DTG might be able to test it for you. Not me, my spreadsheet (compatibility) needs are simple enough that Numbers does the job.

Most reactions

Latest posts