What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excel spreadsheet row numbers

candirisk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the excel spreadsheets that I have imported onto my iPad, there are no row numbers. Any idea how to ensure that row numbers do appear?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It does seem a little weird not to see them all the time, but I suppose the only time you really need them is when you are editing a formula, and they will appear when you are in the formula editor.

Double tap on a cell, then choose the = sign from editor choices. Columns and rows will be labeled.

I looked for another way, and was almost certain there was because I'd seen them before, but in retrospect I'm guessing it was when I was editing formulas, which would be the only time I really cared.

If you need a numbered row you can create a header row and auto-fill it. Enter the first couple numbers with the right interval (1,2 / 1,3 / 1, 1.25 / etc) tap to select the first cell, drag to select all the cells with data, tap and hold for the popup menu, choose fill, then drag the result to fill all the remaining cells. Works with dates too.

Most reactions

Latest posts