What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Error 3194 while restoring in itune IOS 4.3.2

satty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,
I have jailbroken my ipad(1st gen) ios 4.3.1 . I planned a complete restore and itune upgraded to 4.3.2 but wont start my ipad .Error shown is 3194. Can anyone help please. I have to get it fixed as soon as i can.
Thanks guys.

OP
S

satty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys I found the answer myself after trying trying trying .....
steps
1. Delete the last line from the hosts file (Windows XP - C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc )

2. restart itunes.

RESTORE - works like MAGIC.
Cheers,
satty

OmnipotenceZERO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys I found the answer myself after trying trying trying .....
steps
1. Delete the last line from the hosts file (Windows XP - C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc )

2. restart itunes.

RESTORE - works like MAGIC.
Cheers,
satty

Hey dude,
Could you please elaborate a little bit more? I'm confused... Deleting the last line from...where? I click the host file? Sorry for my noobness. Please help! Appreciate it

OmnipotenceZERO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh I got it, some youtube videos helped. I did get what you meant by that but I'm still getting the same error.

Reaction score
You have to enter DFU mode before updating, otherwise the 3194 error appears, as your iPad is jailbroken.

So here is the correct way to proceed:

1) connect the iPad to your computer

2) press the "home" and "power" buttons together for EXACTLY 10 seconds at which point you must release "power" but continue to hold "home". After about 15 seconds, the device will enter DFU mode. (instruction from f4780y)

3) press update in iTunes

Without following step 2 will iTunes always abort the update with a 3194 error.

Last edited:

OmnipotenceZERO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You have to enter DFU mode before updating, otherwise the 3194 error appears, as your iPad is jailbroken.

So here is the correct way to proceed:

1) connect the iPad to your computer

2) press the "home" and "power" buttons together for EXACTLY 10 seconds at which point you must release "power" but continue to hold "home". After about 15 seconds, the device will enter DFU mode. (instruction from f4780y)

3) press update in iTunes

Without following step 2 will iTunes always abort the update with a 3194 error.

Thank you very much for the reply, I will definitely try it now! :) Cheers

OmnipotenceZERO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just did it as you said, I even saw it pop up a message saying its in DFU mode, and when I entered iTunes it said my iPad is in DFU mode and needs to be restored. But then, same thing happened again... :( Error 3194. Any other suggestions?
And bytheway this is my host file:
# Copyright (c) 1993-1999 Microsoft Corp.
#
# This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows.
#
# This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each
# entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should
# be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name.
# The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one
# space.
#
# Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual
# lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol.
#
# For example:
#
# 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server
# 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host
74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

Thanks a bunch for taking your time!

OmnipotenceZERO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for multiple posting guys, I just decided to go with 4.3.2 and I didn't even face the error thanks to f4780y. But well, this problem needs to be solved for ones who are still facing this.

Reaction score
OmnipotenceZERO said:
Sorry for multiple posting guys, I just decided to go with 4.3.2 and I didn't even face the error thanks to f4780y. But well, this problem needs to be solved for ones who are still facing this.

Which other guys? You were the second person reporting this problem and got it solved, as did the thread creator.

Just out of curiosity, did you deactivate tiny umbrella? Or how did you get the update to work?

OmnipotenceZERO

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OmnipotenceZERO said:

Which other guys? You were the second person reporting this problem and got it solved, as did the thread creator.

Just out of curiosity, did you deactivate tiny umbrella? Or how did you get the update to work?

You and the thread creator had posted before I made that statement which makes me call you two as ''Guys'' :)

As for the update, to be honest I don't even know what Tiny Umbrella is. I simply downloaded 4.3.2 (I had been trying 4.3.1 at the time) and went for it. It worked straight away! Even I was confused as to what the problem was.

Reaction score
OmnipotenceZERO said:
You and the thread creator had posted before I made that statement which makes me call you two as ''Guys'' :)

As for the update, to be honest I don't even know what Tiny Umbrella is. I simply downloaded 4.3.2 (I had been trying 4.3.1 at the time) and went for it. It worked straight away! Even I was confused as to what the problem was.

Now that was an easy fix :)

Good to know that it is now working.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You will get that error if you don't remove the last line from the host file (gs.apple) as this blocks apple communicating and it can't sign the os version so gives that error. There's an option in tiny umbrella to remove it for you.

Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts