What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Erase all Content and Settings" problem

quickhick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright, so today I think to myself "I just might want to give that fancy iOS 4 a little peek!", and then I also think to myself, "Wait, self! You downloaded Cydia, and even though you never subsequently downloaded any programs from Cydia, your iPad might go all screwy when you try to download iOS4!"

Now, after reading a few things on here, it seems to me that nothing happens when one upgrades to a newer version, other than the previous version of Cydia ceases to work, but I didn't know that at the time. So, I thought I was being clever when I decided to Erase all Content and Settings. A bar filled all the way up, and I assumed that meant the job was completed, but all it left me was a nice little image of the Apple logo. I did that thing where you hold the home and sleep buttons to make the screen go blank, but iTunes doesn't recognize it no matter what.

Failing the chance that anybody here might work a miracle for me, if I were to take this to an Apple Store, would they know that Cydia was/is on it? Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts