What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Entering numbers on Do-Not-Call Registry

Bill6044

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried to file a complaint in DNC Registry.

The numbers went in with extra digits and left out some. I could not navigate the cursor in the pane.

Any suggestions?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm not sure you know this, so I've I'm telling you nothing new just ignore me.

In order to place the cursor accurately in editable text you tap and hold until a magnifying glass appears. Then you can drag your finger to place the cursor anywhere you want. Just tapping will only place the cursor at the beginning or ending of whatever the iPad decides is a word. For finicky placement rocking the finger slightly left or right often helps.

MagGlass.jpg

OP
B

Bill6044

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you, Mr. Poet,

I've been able to figure out the instructions you've given above. It took me a while, but I'm gaining on the new world of iOS5, etc. I like the prospects of using it more efficiently.

I tried this while attempting to enter my number on the DNC site. It just would not allow me to put in an accurate number.

I tried just now and it did allow it this time. Maybe it was just a quirk.

Thanks again.

I'm still learning. This time, I want to send multiple images in e-mail... While typing here, I looked in the instruction book... and surprise! it is there. I think I can do it!!!

Thanks again. :)

Bill

Most reactions

Latest posts