1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Enable Facetime on Ipad1

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Demandarin, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Demandarin

Demandarin iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
  2. fredsmith219

fredsmith219 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is very cool!
    Is there any way to use this with a webcam? You could conceivably connect a webcam to the ipad using the camera adapter, but I don't know if there are any drivers to support it.

Thanks for the link.
  3. Demandarin

Demandarin iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Thats the problem, its not apple's obligation to provide drivers n thats why external webcams wont work. But, theres a wrk wrounfd for most things. Im just waiting to hear of a jailbrake app to allow u to use mobile phone cam for facetime or at leat iphone4 cam since same device n same ios.
    I have the updated skype app which allows video conferencomg on ipad. Only thkng , other person cant see u. But at least u can see them, n still chat. $&@? U might not want them to see u anyways...lol.
    Ipad1 is far from being pushed to the max. Thats why ima hold out as long as i can on ipad2. Its gonna be hard though because i truly want those cams n ability to facetime chat with others. The extra processing power and 9x graphics power has me really thinkn. If ipad1 can do soo much as i have it doing, ipad 2 is endless with possibilites..dayumm iwant ipad2..lmao