What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Enable Facetime on Ipad1

fredsmith219

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is very cool!
Is there any way to use this with a webcam? You could conceivably connect a webcam to the ipad using the camera adapter, but I don't know if there are any drivers to support it.

Thanks for the link.

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thats the problem, its not apple's obligation to provide drivers n thats why external webcams wont work. But, theres a wrk wrounfd for most things. Im just waiting to hear of a jailbrake app to allow u to use mobile phone cam for facetime or at leat iphone4 cam since same device n same ios.
I have the updated skype app which allows video conferencomg on ipad. Only thkng , other person cant see u. But at least u can see them, n still chat. $&@? U might not want them to see u anyways...lol.
Ipad1 is far from being pushed to the max. Thats why ima hold out as long as i can on ipad2. Its gonna be hard though because i truly want those cams n ability to facetime chat with others. The extra processing power and 9x graphics power has me really thinkn. If ipad1 can do soo much as i have it doing, ipad 2 is endless with possibilites..dayumm iwant ipad2..lmao

Most reactions

Latest posts