Enable Facetime on Ipad1

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Demandarin, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Demandarin

Demandarin iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
  2. fredsmith219

fredsmith219 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That is very cool!
    Is there any way to use this with a webcam? You could conceivably connect a webcam to the ipad using the camera adapter, but I don't know if there are any drivers to support it.

Thanks for the link.

3. Demandarin

Demandarin iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Thats the problem, its not apple's obligation to provide drivers n thats why external webcams wont work. But, theres a wrk wrounfd for most things. Im just waiting to hear of a jailbrake app to allow u to use mobile phone cam for facetime or at leat iphone4 cam since same device n same ios.
    I have the updated skype app which allows video conferencomg on ipad. Only thkng , other person cant see u. But at least u can see them, n still chat. $&@? U might not want them to see u anyways...lol.
    Ipad1 is far from being pushed to the max. Thats why ima hold out as long as i can on ipad2. Its gonna be hard though because i truly want those cams n ability to facetime chat with others. The extra processing power and 9x graphics power has me really thinkn. If ipad1 can do soo much as i have it doing, ipad 2 is endless with possibilites..dayumm iwant ipad2..lmao