What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tethered Jailbreak for IOS 4.3 now available on Windows using Snowbreeze

Efc911

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah just seen this jailbreak. I want to enable the new gestures function anyone know how to do this using windows not mac?

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah just seen this jailbreak. I want to enable the new gestures function anyone know how to do this using windows not mac?

It's described somewhere here in the threads. Can't remember where I seen it at. But basically u have to get the developers version of the software to enable the multitouch gestures. Seemed like a simple process. Apple only made multitouch gestures avai. To developers to test it out. It's locked within the iOS for normal users.

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I assume this can be done to the iPad 2?

Hmm, if u mean jail breaking, that's a good question. As I know ipad2 runs iOS 4.3, I thought I read that apple closed up the hardware exploits with the ipad2, therefore the jailbreak won't wrk. Mi could've misread wrong. Either way the only jailbreak for iOS 4.3 is a tethered one. U could always try it out n see if it'll work. Back up ur device first just in case there's any issues, u can always restore n be back to normal. Let us know how it goes if u do attempt it. And remember only tethered jailbreak avai. For iOS 4.3. If u have windows PC, u have to use Snowbreeze tool. If u have a Mac, u have to use Pwnage tool. Being a tethered jailbreak though, u have to reboot into jailbroken state every time if reboot occurs or u do it. Basically meaning u need ur desktop to launch it every time after a reboot. Not like an untethers jailbreak where u reboot how many ever times u want and still be jailbroken and don't need PC anymore after initial jailbreak.

Tinman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read that both SHAtter and limera1n exploits are patched on the iPad 2. Without that no current jailbreak will work. This means it could be awhile for an iPad 2 jailbreak. Ugh. :(

Michael

NachoConQueso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying the tethered now. From what I've heard the untethered should come before next weekend. None of these will work for the iPad 2 though. I believe I just saw a video of the Comex dude showing off Cydia on an iPad 2. It's done, but no eta.

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I read that both SHAtter and limera1n exploits are patched on the iPad 2. Without that no current jailbreak will work. This means it could be awhile for an iPad 2 jailbreak. Ugh. :(

Michael

That is true. That's the exploits closed up that I was referring to. It might be a lil while longer thn usual but depends on the person trying to do it. Eventually another different hardware exploit will be found sooner or later, then owners of ipad2 can have some fun!

OP
D

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm trying the tethered now. From what I've heard the untethered should come before next weekend. None of these will work for the iPad 2 though. I believe I just saw a video of the Comex dude showing off Cydia on an iPad 2. It's done, but no eta.

Well there ya go, a new exploit mustve been found already..lol. Any link to the vid? I figured Comex or muscle nerd would come up with somethin since Geohot too busy with Sony.
On another note, did u hear about the ruling in that case, Sony Is now, by law and judgement of judge, getting any and everybody's name whoever watched a Geohot YouTube vid, posted on it, went to geohots website, and people who downloaded the key code? Dayuuum...that will make all them involved in the case also as Sony won't hesitate to press charges on others found to distribute the ps3 key code or described how to hack it. So don't check out none of his stuff unless u want to be involved in the case also..lmfao
Check out the link below for more details on it:
http://www.redmondpie.com/judge-acc...isitors-to-geohots-sites-and-youtube-channel/

Last edited:

NachoConQueso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow I have not heard that. I'm glad I stayed away. Messing with my Ps3 was something I never felt like doing anyways.

Most reactions

Latest posts