What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emails merging together

deanol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I have an Ipad 2 and it's great except that now and again Mail seems to display the wrong body in an email. It will pick up he content from an old message and display that instead of the correct content.

This hasn't caused me much of an issue, but it could do. If the mail is important there is a risk that it could be lost, and that is a concern.

Does anyone know how to rectify this so I can see the right content.

Please accept my apologies if this is a common issue, but I've spent a few hours on Google trying to find out a fix, and there is nothing. So I hope someone here can help me.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have seen this happen once on my iPhone and it was fixed when I rebooted my phone. To do that, hold down the wake/sleep button on top of iPad until it asks you to Slide to Power off. Slide it off and then turn it back on after it shuts down completely.

Let me know if that works for you.

OP
D

deanol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply Glen. I tried the reboot as you suggested but unfortunately it is still showing the wrong content.

I don't know if this is just me or whether anyone else is experiencing this.

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
deanol said:
Thanks for the quick reply Glen. I tried the reboot as you suggested but unfortunately it is still showing the wrong content.

I don't know if this is just me or whether anyone else is experiencing this.

Darn, I was hoping that would fix it. We'll need more details then. What mail service do you use?
Do you know if it's IMAP or POP3?
what kind of account did you set it up as on the iPad (Exchange, Gmail, etc)?

Most reactions

Latest posts