What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Emails lost from inbox

dnpsmith00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad2 - when I try to retrieve an email to read they all disappear from the inbox. I tried looking in trash or junk folders, not there. Is there some setting I can checkout to fix this? Has anyone else experienced this problem? Please help!!!!
Thanks

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That's an awesome link, Johanna. It's going to save me a lot of typing in the future. More importantly, iOS Mail's handling of POP3 is far more nuanced and configurable than I thought it was. I didn't realize the Remove setting affected the server, and not just the local folder.

Thanks!

Edit: I'm still going to try and talk people into using IMAP or Exchange accounts instead. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
ipad2 - when I try to retrieve an email to read they all disappear from the inbox. I tried looking in trash or junk folders, not there. Is there some setting I can checkout to fix this? Has anyone else experienced this problem? Please help!!!!
Thanks

Keep in mind that in the case of IMAP or Exchange accounts that if you've moved, deleted, or otherwise dealt with an email on another device then the iPad may show that email briefly on opening, then remove it as it syncs with the server.

Also any kind of automatic filters or actions another computer that are set up may take place after the iPad receives the email, in which case the same thing will happen. It will disappear shortly after opening the Mail app.

Most reactions

Latest posts