What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email

noddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys
I've just powered up my new iPad and I have tried to set up my yahoo email. On my iPhone, it was simply a case of entering the email address and password and that was it. On the iPad, it's asking for the POP / IMAP details etc.
Shouldn't it be the same as the iPhone in terms of setting up email?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys
I've just powered up my new iPad and I have tried to set up my yahoo email. On my iPhone, it was simply a case of entering the email address and password and that was it. On the iPad, it's asking for the POP / IMAP details etc.

I'm very surprised that your iPhone didn't need to know details of your mail servers etc - how would it know which server you wanted to use? Anyway, have a look at this document for an explanation of the difference between IMAP and POP. If you email service provider supports IMAP then there are definite reasons why you would want to choose that route....

IMAP vs. POP

Tim

leolaksi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
noddy said:
Hi guys

My iPad, like my iPhone, was configured for Yahoo. All I had to do was select Yahoo, then enter my Yahoo email address and password. That's it.

Leo

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Did you select the Yahoo option from the Add Account choices. The only way it should be asking you more is if you chose Other, or maybe didn't get the email address quite right.

My advice, start over, and be very careful to select the Yahoo account setup and enter your email address correctly.

You don't have a Yahoo Plus account, do you? That might act differently. I've got not experience with that.

Most reactions

Latest posts