What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email Video Link Greyed Out, But Only for One Sender...

IPADAlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We have 5 ipads and 2 iphones.

They are all up to date with IOS, and they all share the same Apple ID.

When we get emails that include a link to open a video everything works just fine, except emails from one particular company. (The company is a Fortune 100 company.)

The problem is that the Company is our financial one, one we interact with many times a day.

The links to videos in emails from that Company are "greyed out" (I.e. - unclickable) on our ipads and iphones. For those links I use a Windows device instead, and then links work just fine.

I contacted the Company, and they said they had not heard of any similar problem (they send out tens of thousands of emails each day).

This problem didn't exist till 2 or so years ago.

Does anyone know of something that might cause this?

Thanks for any help,

Alan

OP
I

IPADAlan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for responding!

I use GMail and Spectrum.

(I can open links from this sender, except for links to videos.)

Thanks again,

Alan

It might be some kind of anti-scam protection that has misidentified your financial company as suspect.

What email client are you using, and what email provider. That would be the best place to start looking.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you using the mail app to access your emails? If so, try using the website version of your email account to see if you still have the same problem with video links from that company.

Most reactions

Latest posts