What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email question

BrianP1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. I was hoping I could pose a question to the group. I have an iPad 3 and an iPhone 5. When I set up my Yahoo email account on my iPad, I see folders for drafts, sent, junk, trash, saved, and synced messages. However, on my iPhone, I only see folders for sent and trash. I'm sure I set both accounts up the same. Is there anyway I can get these other folders to appear in my iPhone account? I've tried googling this but so far I haven't been able to find an answer. Many thanks for any and all suggestions.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You are using the Mail app on both devices?

On your iPhone, try going to Settings> Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Remove your Yahoo account and add it again. Because all info is kept on the server you will not lose any data doing this.

With a little luck, this should force all the server folders to be recognized.

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Make sure you set the account up as IMAP and not POP.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Make sure you set the account up as IMAP and not POP.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Unless you have a paid account, you pretty much have to use the default setup for Yahoo. From all appearances this is IMAP for mail, and a combination of other services for the Calendar and Contacts.

OP
B

BrianP1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I neglected to get back to the kind folks who answered my question. I took your advice and deleted the account and then re-added it. This did result in my receiving or gaining access to all the folders I was missing. Thank you all for your generous help.

Most reactions

Latest posts