What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email problems

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had to restore my iPad (original) to factory settings due to erratic behavior. I'm having problems with my email account, it wants to, and does load very email I ever received 25 at a time. How can I stop this? I just need my current emails, not every one since I bought this iPad. Thanks-

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Are you using POP or IMAP?

If you're using IMAP then your iPad is simply a window onto your email service provider's email server.
If you're using POP, then you can control the number of emails that the iPad will download in 'Settings', 'Email, Calendar, Contacts'

Tim

OP
J

johnml

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It's a POP server. I already limit the downloads to 25 at a time. The problem is it downloads every single email since I bought my iPad, new emails and old old ones 25 at a time. I only have about 2900 more to go till this problem will solve itself. My iPad was freezing so I reset it, now I have this email problem.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You need to edit the settings on your email server. The iPad will simply download the emails it sees there as it has no way of knowing which ones you want or don't want. So move the emails out of your InBox on the email server, using webmail via Safari.

There's no facility to do this on the iPad directly.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts