What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad email

Charles Hausmann

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am traveling and from my current location I can receive and send emails from my ipad 2 with no problem, but they are not being received. However when I send an email to myself I receive it. Has this problem ever been reported?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Now, several of you are 'hijacking' the OP's thread w/ different types of email questions; please search first and if no answer is found, post your question in a 'new' thread - becomes quite confusing to address different issues in one thread.

Now as to the OP's original question - might want to tell us what email client(s) you are using in the Mail app (e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, POP, IMAP or other) - will help others make more specific suggestions - good luck! :)

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
giradman said:
Now, several of you are 'hijacking' the OP's thread w/ different types of email questions; please search first and if no answer is found, post your question in a 'new' thread - becomes quite confusing to address different issues in one thread.

Agreed, you are not assisting the OP by hijacking, which is against the rules, if you have nothing to add which helps the OP resolve their issue then DON'T post in this thread. Starting a thread of your own is quite simple.

Offending posts have now been removed!

Read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

The Archangel

Last edited:

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
On you iPad
In your email settings is it set to
Push or fetch
Is it automatic or Manual

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Kathryn4812

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just wondering if it is a new email address and therefore possibly being junked at the receivers' end. Not likely if it applies to several addresses though.

slimdave420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a similar problem. I had 2 AOL accounts setup in ipad's preloaded MAIL app. It was nice to switch accounts without having to log out of either. But soon found it confusing and frustrating that emails sent thru iPad MAIL did not synch or show when I checked AOL from other computers. I stopped using the MAIL app and now check email via safari. I had also changed my passwords. Here is where a problem started that I was unaware of for months. I just happened to check MAIL and I had something like 18 emails in my outbox! Going back to April, with the error message "...server does not allow relaying..." It turned out only emails I had sent directly from either Craigslist or links I had emailed my self thru Stumbleupon where affected, I assume any reply or forwarding from any website would be affected. First I thought It had to do with some policy change about sending clickable links. Actually I had forgot to...you guessed it...update my passwords in iPads setting menu. As any email generated outside of an actual mail program is defaulted to MAIL they were not sent. The pisser is there is no indication anything is wrong until emails aren't received. No popup. No push. Both Craigslist and Stumbleupon reported sent successfully. While unbeknownst to me MAIL was actually handling the task in the background.

Long story short: remember to update your passwords in settings, mail-contacts-calendar, accounts.

Most reactions