What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Email problem laugher

alexg2002

iPF Noob
Reaction score
HI folks. Back in December, my iPad (orig) stopped receiving and sending emails. Out of the blue. After three or four contacts with Comcast tech support, and referral to Tier2 tech support, I ended up on the phone nearly 7 hours between top level Comcast top tier support (4 1/2 hours) and Apple senior tech support (almost two hours) one day. Next day I had had it. I took Mr iPad to our local Apple store and complained that the thing was shot before it was a year old.

The Apple store rep set me up at the Genius bar with a nice, cute gal who looked like she was fifteen. OK, twelve. She looked up the settings I had been discussing with the tech support folks with for hours, made two adjustments and said the server settings had been turned off,and announced the thing was fixed. Sure enough, got it home an hour later and it was perfect. No problems at all. I had discussed the server settings issues with both companies' tech support people and they had told me not to worry about it or them. When they were THE problems.

Talk about a picture being worth a thousand words! All it needed was for someone to actually LOOK at the thing to figure it out. What a laugher.

Alex. 1/23/2012.

Doc74

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think the problem is now fixed Sanada, kinda the point of the story which I liked!!

Most reactions

Latest posts