What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't Read Entire Email Messages

mjspotziii

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my wife an iPad which she wanted primarily for email and Internet access. We took it to an Apple store to have a tech rep set it up, including access to our email account.

The window area that is provided for viewing emails does not show the entire email message. Nor can one scroll down to see that part of the email that is below the bottom of the area provided.

The tech rep said that it was probably a problem with the ISP which is either RCN or Starpower (not sure which). I don't believe that since we have no trouble viewing emails using our computer.

Surely, we cannot be the only ones who have experienced this problem. Does anyone have a solution, suggestion, recommendation?
Many thanks in advance for your help.

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only use GMail and they don't truncate messages. I would check with either you ISP or check your webmail settings as it is obviously not sending entire messages. Mine works perfectly just so you know there is nothing wrong with the iPad or the mail app.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The window area that is provided for viewing emails does not show the entire email message. Nor can one scroll down to see that part of the email that is below the bottom of the area provided.
Scroll in the window with 2 fingers!

The tech rep said that it was probably a problem with the ISP which is either RCN or Starpower (not sure which). I don't believe that since we have no trouble viewing emails using our computer.
Find a new "tech rep"!

jackmahon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Message too long

Sometimes certain messages come through not allowing the entire thing not to be seen in the window. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and many times it will ask if you want to load the additional part of the message not visible.
:)

Antony Tran

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my wife an iPad which she wanted primarily for email and Internet access. We took it to an Apple store to have a tech rep set it up, including access to our email account.

Surely, we cannot be the only ones who have experienced this problem. Does anyone have a solution, suggestion, recommendation?
Many thanks in advance for your help.

I use Google Apps and I've face the same problem with you! :mad: Finally found out the reason is adding my acc with MS EXCHANGE full options (mail + calendar + contact).

This is my solution:):

1. Remove all your accounts.

2. Add the first account with option OTHER and configure it with IMAP, for the email purpose.

3. Add again this account with option MS EXCHANGE, but this time only choose CONTACs + CALENDARs

So, you have an account with full email, calendar & contact but EMAIL work perfect! If u want more acc, do the same.

Most reactions

Latest posts