What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edit homevideo in iPad

Lex Dusseljee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'v been looking for an answer for quite some time, but couldn't find it. Hope it's ok to post my question over here. Here's the thing.

I'm looking for a way to get my home made video from my laptop on the iPad, not just to watch them (I got that through iTunes) but to edit them in iMovie. For that I need them to show up in some directory (like an album as I can with pictures or iPad made clips).

Yes, I converted them to mp4 and yes they show up in my video app, but they don't show up in iMovie or anywhere else for that matter. Does anyone know how to get that?
This is what I tried so far:
  • converted my mpeg clip ino mp4
  • drag them into iTunes and sync iTunes with the iPad
  • drag them to the Internal Storage folder in portable devices
This was the result:
I can watch them in my video app.
I can't find them in any photo album (like iPad recorder clips) or anywhere else

If it can't be done (which I'm starting to suspect), I'd like to know that as well, however I hope it is possible.

Thanks in advance.
Lex.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try importing using the Photo tab in iTunes, making sure the Include Videos is checked. You can have a set of videos in a folder and sync it. They will then appear ad an Album in the camera roll, and accessible to iMovie of Pinnacle Studio.

I personally use the Selected folders option to be able to just check the folders on the PC Side I want to sync. usually the default folder for Photos is My Pictures or Pictures depending on the version of Windows you are running. Also create a sub-folder under that to put your videos in. Select that folder to sync under Photos and you're good to go.

OP
L

Lex Dusseljee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dhewson777, it worked. It's less obvious then I thought, but nevertheless, it worked. Thanks a lot!

Most reactions

Latest posts