What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dvd from pc

sjohns79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad for trade shows and demos. I used to use my laptop and may have to go back to it. I have several product DVDs that I need to get from my PC to my iPad but can't find a way to do it. I bought two expensive converters but they didn't work properly when viewing them on my iPad.
Can someone please help me?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's all about having the right converters and using them correctly. Which ones did you buy and what types of files are you trying to view on your iPad? This should be very doable.

Last edited:
OP
S

sjohns79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I'm not sure. Not even sure how to find out. I just have some product DVDs that I need on my iPad. And I'm using a pc.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sjohns79 said:
Well, I'm not sure. Not even sure how to find out. I just have some product DVDs that I need on my iPad. And I'm using a pc.

Try Handbrake to encode the files for your iPad. There is a specific iPad preset, should make the job easy.

coolstuffs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my iPad for trade shows and demos. I used to use my laptop and may have to go back to it. I have several product DVDs that I need to get from my PC to my iPad but can't find a way to do it. I bought two expensive converters but they didn't work properly when viewing them on my iPad.
Can someone please help me?

Since you have your converters probably all you need is to customized the resolution of your output file. The Ipad 3 has a maximum resolution of 2048x1536. Setting it to this value will result to a large file. Other resolution that you can try are 1920 x 1080 (HD 1080P profile), 1280x720 (HD 720P profile), and 1024x768. Choose the output format MP4.

Most reactions

Latest posts