What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dropped older ipad

Finn64gan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's charged but it will not open on SLIDE. How do i open it? I'm very new. to this. ☘️ kathy

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's charged but it will not open on SLIDE. How do i open it? I'm very new. to this. ☘️ kathy
Hi Kathy - welcome to the Forum! Please provide some more information: 1) What iPad model do you own; and 2) What damage is obvious, e.g. broken display, dents, etc. And have you tried to resent/hard restart the device? Dave :)

OP
F

Finn64gan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for replying to my plea. When I press the button the ipad reads the Date (WED,Jan. 17 and the accurate time. It also shows on the screen to sign into itunes. Plus, it asks for my Apple ID to get into Itunes Apple store.
The Slide To Open is flashing but will not open. I t shows the little Camera in the bottom on the left. It shows that it is fully charged. I noticed a few hairline crakes in the plastic frame. It is alive but not well. I will make a terrific digital clock. There is another hairline crack in the glass that I just noticed. Since it was working fine before it took a nosedive. It might be worth playing with. If I could open the desktop I might have get a few hints. Thanks for any suggestions you might pass on. Kathy

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It sounds like you may have broken the touch sensor layer of the screen. Does anything work at all? Even from the lock screen you should be able to do these things, provided touch works.

1: Swipe left to right in the center of the screen. The screen will show some widgets, or just blur if there are no widgets set up.

2: You said it has a camera icon on the screen, similar to how the iPhone does. You should be able to open the camera app by touching the icon for about a second. (My iPad does not, however swiping from the right edge of the screen brings up the camera app)

3: Swipe down in the center of the screen. This should bring up the Search dialog. You can open apps from there.

Any of these might pull up the passkey/password keyboard. Being able to type on the keypad would show that the touch screen is working.

Note: I'm working from a newer iPad, so some of these interactions might not be available on your iPad. What you are looking for is any indication that the touch screen works at all.

If it doesn't, there is little you can do other than having the iPad repaired. Depending on how old the iPad is, it may not be worth the expense.

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for replying to my plea. When I press the button the ipad reads the Date (WED,Jan. 17 and the accurate time. It also shows on the screen to sign into itunes. Plus, it asks for my Apple ID to get into Itunes Apple store.
The Slide To Open is flashing but will not open. I t shows the little Camera in the bottom on the left. It shows that it is fully charged. I noticed a few hairline crakes in the plastic frame. It is alive but not well. I will make a terrific digital clock. There is another hairline crack in the glass that I just noticed. Since it was working fine before it took a nosedive. It might be worth playing with. If I could open the desktop I might have get a few hints. Thanks for any suggestions you might pass on. Kathy
Have you tried signing in where it asks you to?

Most reactions

Latest posts